First of all, congratulations in your effort to live a healthier lifestyle. We want to help you begin making the change today by unveiling some of the myths.
- Low Fat Diet = Leaner Body. While cutting down your fat intake may be a good way to cut down on calories, it’s more important to reduce your overall calories. You can do this by eating healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocados, olives, olive oil, lean meats and fish. We recommend approximately 30% of your caloric intake to include these healthy fats. Contrary to what you might think, your body actually needs these types of fats. Not only does your body use them as a source of energy, but they also have many other benefits. These include: promoting healthy skin; absorption of vitamins (A, D, E and K); lowering cholesterol levels; improving nerve and brain functions; allowing blood to clot normally; forming steroid hormones to regulate other body processes.
- All You Have to Do Is Work Out to Lose Weight and Fat. Exercise is a piece in the weight and fat journey; however, it is only a part of the puzzle. One must consume less calories than is needed to maintain current weight on a given day; you must create a deficit in your daily caloric intake. One pound equals 3500 calories, therefore in order to lose one pound in a week you need to either on average burn and/or eat 500 less calories a day. As it is important to feed the body’s furnace, you may eat more as you increase your activity level.
- Eating at Night Makes You Fat. It is more important to consider how much you eat, rather than when you eat, as your body burns calories 24 hours a day, unfortunately it just burns calories at a slower rate during sleep. Additionally, eating within a few hours before bedtime does interfere with the rest time your body needs in order to heal and restore itself, as the time will be used to digest the food eaten, rather than focusing on restorative sleep (more on this topic in a later blog).
- The better shape you are in, the easier and quicker to lose weight and fat. It is actually just the opposite as the more fat you have to give up, the more you can lose. The closer you get to your body weight, your body holds on to fat, storing it and sacrificing muscle over fat, because it goes into survival mode. So, how you try to hit your caloric deficit has a bigger impact on whether you lose weight from muscle, fat, or just water.
- Juice Cleanses and Fasts Are the Best for Losing Fat. Everyone has read how juicing and juice fasting will remove the harmful “toxins” from your body in order to give you more energy, make you healthier and aid in your weight loss. The problem is, any kind of fast will enable you to lose weight fast, however, it is only a temporary solution as your body will lose mostly water weight, go into survival mode and once the cleanse is over, most lightly gain the weight right back. Instead opt for a healthier diet of vegetables and fruit, this is what your body really needs, and the fiber in fruits and vegetables will make you feel fuller, helping you to lose the weight and give you the energy you need.
No Initiation Fees, No Contracts, Just Results
Forward Thinking Fitness
Results Through Innovation