6750 Iroquois Trail, Suite 12, Allentown, Pennsylvania 18104

Set yourself up for success in 2024

Request More Information

Request More Information

By providing your number you consent to receive marketing/promotional/notification messages from Forward Thinking Fitness. Opt-out anytime by replying STOP. Msg & Data rates may apply.

Request More Information
Set yourself up for success in 2024

Set yourself up for success in 2024

Hope you enjoyed our first snowstorm in a couple years! I know it forced me to relax away from work for a bit, which was nice. Hopefully you used your legs while you were shoveling to avoid that pesky back pain!

While the weather was frightful yesterday, it looks like we're in for a cool 50 degree day for our very first FitFaire this Saturday, January 13. You can grab your free tickets here. What's in store, you may ask? Here's our agenda for the day:

  • Chair Massages + Healthy Eats | 8 AM - 12 PM
  • Small Group Training | 8 AM + 10 AM
  • Active Yoga | 8:15 AM
  • Nutrition 101 | 9 AM + 11 AM
  • Gentle Yoga | 9:30 AM

If that all free stuff doesn't sound incredible for you to accelerate toward your 2024 health goals, I don't know what would! We're looking forward to holding this event every single month this year with new educational topics and much, much more to be revealed.

Speaking of your new year goals, how have you been doing with yours so far? You couldn't have picked a better start date. A new month and a new year fell on a Monday ... which is every American's wet dream opportunity to start their journey fresh.

 

If you're struggling with yours already, allow me to help you with some tips that will help you be part of the 20% still working hard by February while the other 80% quit ...

1. Be SMART. These goals help you lay out a game plan to keep you from overshooting. They are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. For example: I will workout for an hour 3x/week to lose 20 lbs. of fat mass by April 1st. That hits all those parts of a SMART Goal. Bonus points if you don't set a body composition goal - it's just a byproduct of better goals, anyway.

2. Be sustainable. Many try to tackle everything all at once with newfound motivation. You workout 7 days a week and meal prep on weekends. You drink a gallon of water every day and purge your pantry of all your food to buy fresh everything. It's all way too much, Evan. Lifelong habits take time to replace. Focus on one aspect of change until it's perfected so that you're not overwhelmed about failing.

3. Be disciplined. Motivation is fleeting by definition and needs to be replaced. Are you going to do what it takes today to be better than you were yesterday? Will you be intentional with your actions instead of letting life dictate what you can and cannot do? Can you dig deep and do what needs to be done when you don't feel like it? Discipline separates success from failure. If you're someone who doesn't have it, then you need to replace lost motivation with accountability.

4. Be present. If you spend your time dwelling over yesterday and dreading tomorrow, you rob yourself of success today. So what if you failed on an aspect of your goals? Get back up. So what if you could have put in more effort today? You've got another chance tomorrow. So what if you used to be able to do more in your 20s? You're not that person anymore. Your efforts and progress aren't linear. Stop focusing on what you can't control and focus on what you can by doing whatever your very best looks like here and now.

5. Be humble. Being honest with yourself is crucial in your journey, but not many have what it takes to eat that slice of pie. When you say you don't have time or money for your health, do you really analyze your habits? Very unlikely. How many hours are you wasting on social media or streaming shows? How many workday mornings are you taking that $8 trip to Starbucks? Did you forget about that sleeve of cookies you ate after that bottle of wine you downed? You can't be frustrated by lack of progress if you continually lie to yourself.

I could go on forever, but you have things to do and I've got plenty to write about next time. Now go crush those goals like I know you have all the potential to!

START YOUR SUCCESS STORY TODAY!

Request information

Request Information Now!

Personal Training near Allentown

Let us email you this free e-book!